Wednesday, November 10, 2010

An Introduction and Review: Arctic Ease

Whew busy times are upon me!  Two weeks ago, I was contacted by my colleagues at Chemistry again (They are the folks to introduced me to Steaz & Beano's!).  They were looking for social media outreach help with their client Arctic Ease and I said sure!  I am currently managing their Facebook and Twitter outreach.   


A brief introduction to Arctic Ease, they offer wraps and pads for cryotherapy (cold therapy). From their website, "The specially treated wraps and pads absorb heat energy from the body to cool the covered area. The absorbed heat is then lost to evaporation, which allows for the sustained cooling effect of Arctic Ease."  They can be used in place of ice packs, frozen peas and (HEY MAMA'S) Boo Boo Bunnies!  For a full description of the product feel free to check out their site, it is FULL of useful information about the product! 






Arctic Ease wraps can be cut to size and wrapped around the problem area including legs, knees, ankles, wrists AND can be used to treat those toddler head bumps! They are non-toxic, reusable and made in the U.S.A.!  


In my running experiences, I haven't had much of a need for icing afterwards (or so I thought).  I don't run long distances, I usually average 2 miles per run.  However, I HAVE noticed if I ran in the morning by the evening my knees were achy and my legs were restless...  annoyingly so.  So this past weekend I put my own Arctic Ease wraps to the test.  I wrapped ONE knee, the one that usually feels the most achy and restless.  I wrapped it within an hour of finishing my run, then packed up the kids and the hubs and went for a hike.  I wore the wrap for 3-4 hours and was amazed at how cold my knee and surrounding leg felt.  When we got home, I took it off, put it back on the little roll it came on and placed it back into the resealable bag with a tablespoon and a half of water to rehydrate it for next time. 


Afternoon passed, evening passed and by night I had none of my usual achy and restless knee (on the side I wrapped).  The knee I did not wrap DID have it's usual bit of achy/restlessness. Yes, I performed a scientific experiment and this knee was my control.  


Wearing the wrap didn't inhibit me in the least bit, I hiked, I played with my kids and was comfortable the whole time.  The ability to be mobile AND treat my knees at the same time is priceless for a mother of two very active kids.  


Overall, I give this product a THUMBS up!  I was impressed by it's ease of use!  No need for clips as it sticks to itself as you wrap thus no need for clips or pins.  


We are currently looking for active and runner bloggers for to write product reviews, if this is something you might be interested in, please leave a comment or email me and we can discuss it further.  Arctic Ease is also giving away registrations for the 2011 Chicago Marathon, you can enter by checking out their Facebook page and following the Chicago 2011 tab.







No comments: