Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sewing Space Accessories

I have been coveting a few things for my sewing space for a while.  Each time I take a trip to Joann's I say to myself or to Chris, or to whoever is in ear shot...  'Someday, I will have one of those for MY lovely spools of thread to be displayed upon.  Someday....' 

Well, that someday has arrived!  Please welcome my new thread stand:


I know most of us have a strange affinity to office organizational items and office supplies (right? we all get a little giddy when we get to organize  our paper clips and pencils... right?  Oh just me? ok, never mind...) well this crosses the streams of Office organizational item for CRAFTY stuffs!  As my 3 year old would say, "How COOL! Mama!  How COOL!!!"  My overall assessment of the stand is, well, I need more thread. LOL  But really, isn't it pretty?

Also, if you look at the photo, you'll see another organizational item, that would be a brand new button case!  Yes, I HAVE a button case!


You have no idea how much fun I had organizing my thread and my buttons by color of course! A friend joked if they were sorted by "Alpha" or by "Rainbow".  The thread is by rainbow, the buttons aren't.  I think I'll have more button organizing to do after the Salvation Army Fabric Sale in April!  Can't WAIT to check out the notions table this year!

2 comments:

Emmy said...

While I don't have an affinity for thread, I LOVE office supplies and the organization of them :) so no, you are not the only one!

RD said...

ooh yay! I a definitely among those who covet a pretty rack for yarn. Congrats!