i had some asparagus and i wanted them to be lemony, the rest is history. i concocted this myself and it turned out exactly how i wanted it to.
Lemony Asparagus and Chicken over Rotini
6 chicken breasts cut to bite size pieces
1 bunch of asparagus, cut to bite size
1 lb of rotini
4 cloves of garlic, smashed and roughly chopped
3/4 stick of butter
1 hand full of dried onion flakes
red pepper flakes to taste
crushed pepper to taste
1 cup (total) lemon juice
1. Cook pasta to desired doneness and toss with olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
2. Place bite sized asparagus pieces into a bowl and toss with a few tablespoons of lemon juice let this hang out for a bit in the lemon juice.
3. Saute chicken in olive oil with red pepper flakes, pepper, and dehydrated onion in a large saute pan.
4. Once chicken is almost done cooking add asparagus and the lemon juice in to the sauteing chicken and cook until asparagus is just slightly crunchy.
5. In a separate sauce pan, melt 3/4th of a stick of butter on medium heat, once melted add in garlic and a little crushed pepper and let it mingle for 2-3 minutes, turn down heat and start adding flour one tablespoon at a time, you will probably need about 5 tablespoons, keep whisking and keep heat on low. This will get fairly thick and will continue to do so. at this time add lemon juice keep heat on low and keep whisking, you'll want to slowly add about 3/4 of a cup of lemon juice maybe a bit more and keep whisking as you add a little at a time. Your finished product will be quite thick and you'll be able to move this sauce to one side of the pan and it will stay there (just for a consistency check). Turn off heat.
6. Once the chicken and asparagus are finished cooking add the sauce to the chicken and asparagus and toss, then toss this with the cooked pasta and top with Parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!